After spotting it on numerous runways and subsequent street style blogs, the fashion authorities have dubbed “oxblood” the color of the season. This deep shade of red, along with its several variations, is perfect for this time of year!
As a wine lover (not connoisseur – I usually enjoy anything as long as it’s made of fermented fruits), I prefer to call it “Bordeaux.” Making a statement with red is nothing new, but this season bordeaux is rich and infused with romance, royalty and rock. Thankfully, this dramatic color is super easy to wear with neutrals you might already have in your closet and leopard print. To add a little more drama, select Bordeaux pieces in leather, velvet or other luxe textures.
When I paint the town… bordeaux, I pair my velvet-like burgundy skinny pants with a sleeve-less black top, camel faux leather jacket, leopard print heels and gold jewelry. While I’m keeping it casual I wear the same pants with an ivory 3/4 length sleeve sweater, a beige sweater vest with fur trim and leopard print smoking slippers.
Here’s some more Bordeaux Fashionspiration
1. Blake Lively in Gucci, photo courtesy of Getty Images
2. The Duchess Kate Middleton in Paula Ka, photo courtesy of Styleite.com
3. Olivia Palermo carrying a Miss Dior bag, photo source unknown
4. Rosie Huntington Whitely, photo courtesy of INFdaily.com
5. Street style, photo courtesy of jemaigrirai.tumblr.com
6. Aminta Iriarte in H&M jacket, photo courtesy of her blog clothesandfashion.net and Beto Ramos
7. Kate Bosworth, photo courtesy of Getty Images
Here’s where to Shop Bordeaux
1. The Limited Faux Leather Drop Waist Sheath, $98
2. Banana Republic Leather Bow Bracelet, $25
3. Krisp Strapless Peplum Dress with Studded Bust from USTrendy $40.30
4. Express Stella Colored Jean Legging, $79.90
5. Banana Republic Quilted Faux Leather Bag $59.50
6. H&M Leather Skirt, $129
7. Evie WP Platform Bootie from Bakers, $120
8. The Limited Faux Leather Blazer, $118
9. Hailey by Adrianna Papell Lace Back-Zip Dress from Dillard’s, $130
10. Estee Lauder Forbidden Apple, $25; Essie Leading Lady, $8; Burgundy & Pink Reverse French Tip by Jamberry Nails, $15; MAC Hang-Up, $15