So apparently I’m slightly obsessed with non-blue jeans… Do you remember life before colored jeans? The choices in casual pants were so boring! Blue jeans, jeans with holes, skinny jeans, more jeans and the occasional pair of khakis… the options were limited. But a couple years ago, jeans in red, cobalt, green and other colors of the rainbow burst onto the fashion scene. I first acquired pairs in coral and purple last December. I debated investing in more colors because I wasn’t sure if this was a passing fad or if they were here to stay. That spring the options flourished and today, colored jeans are still going strong. Nearly every store carries multiple colors and they’re continually featured in fashion magazines. But I’m sure I don’t have to tell YOU that!
So now that colored jeans have joined the arsenal of casual pants, I may have developed a small obsession. They’re just so fun and such a refreshing change of pace! My latest pairs are in pale rose and, my first patterned jeans, a floral print on mint from Charlotte Russe. See below for tips on how to wear non-blue jeans and how I plan to wear mine!
How to wear colored jeans:
- Pair them with neutrals or very pale shades of coordinating colors
- Play with textures – soft knits, sequins, suede…
- Accessorize with a coordinating color
- Wear the right shoe. Flats, pumps and booties work best.
1. Sequin Striped V-Neck Top from New York and Company $39.95
2. Refuge Colored Skin Tight Legging from Charlotte Russe, $29.99
3. Neon Stone Multi Chain Necklace from Express, $44.90
4. Sunshine Laced Clutch from lovecortnie on Etsy.com, $50
5. Gaunt Boot from Aldo, $110